Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Maturing Electorate

The 12th General Election is just over. The result is quite shocking, both to BN & the Opposition parties. The people of Malaysia have spoken & their message to the Government is very loud & clear. We want a Government which is more transparent, accountable and more sensitive to the needs of the people. 

I feel excited about the election & the election results like never before. Maybe its the fact that I now understand better why and what I'm voting for. I now have expectations of the representatives that I voted into the Government. It's truly refreshing to actually care about who governs and what their policies and plans are for the rakyat.

To the Opposition parties forming the 5 state governments: your work is just beginning. 
The maturing electorate is watching.



No comments: