Friday, November 21, 2008

Simple Pleasures


Mothers are actually quite easy to please. We thrive on simple gestures & acts performed by our kids. It's the little things that they say or do. What are these things? Well, the list is endless.. and all mothers out there will have their own favourites.

What are the things that will make mothers have that warm & fuzzy feeling of being blessed with beautiful children? The things that they do or say that will make us forget that they were so naughty & were driving us up the wall the day before? Well, here are some examples from my list of favourite simple pleasures:-

1. My little one coming to me & saying: "You are the Best Mom in the World" (of course we always believe this to be true!)
2. Hand-made cards saying "I love you, Mama" (even if accompanied by pictures of aliens invading the world)
3. Coming home to hugs & kisses (an atomic hug is always the best!)
4. My boy saying that he can never find a girl as pretty as his mom (haha! tak percaya, but still feeling warm & fuzzy!)
5. Watching them perform in school concerts (especially adorable pre-school concerts)
6. Watching them walk on stage to receive a prize (my pride & joy!)
7. My little girl saying she wants to grow up to be just like me (this actually brought tears in my eyes. really.)
8. Them running to you first when they fall or get hurt (moms have the magic touch of making everything feel better. It's a gift from God.)
9. Their teachers saying how good & well-behaved they are in school (unbelievable sometimes..)
10. Salam & hugs lepas sembahyang
11. Just watching them as they are sleeping (all of them look so peaceful & angelic when they are sleeping, kan? Bila bangun tidur aje... siap!)

As I said, the list is endless. Mothers, if you are reading this, maybe you can add to this list!

Feeling warm & fuzzy inside,
(^_^)


13 comments:

Adelina said...

hey mama!!
My favorite 1 is number 7 if im not mistaken....
thanks.. love Adlina

Adillah A Nordin said...

Love u so much darling. You always give mama warm & fuzzy feelings.. <3

kaseh said...

Kak Dilla,
Tersentuh hati i baca write-up u about mother. Sesungguhnya kita ini adalah hamba Allah yg istimewa kerana diberikan tempat yg sungguh tinggi sebagai seorang ibu. Maka setiap saat yg diizinkanNya untuk kita bersama mereka maka kita hargailah ia sebaik mungkin. My doa semoga Allah memberikan jalan yg mudah..umur yg panjang untuk melihat mereka membesar menjadi anak2 yg soleh..

Adillah A Nordin said...

Linda, one of my worst fears is to not be able to see my children grow up. Mintak2 Allah panjangkan umur kita supaya kita dapat merasai kenikmatan manjadi seorang ibu dari mereka kecil hinggalah dewasa. I want to be there to hold them & console them in their failures and rejoice in all their successes. Ya Allah, tolonglah makbulkan doa hambamu ini. Amin..

Asmadiana Alias said...

mothers..........=)

Adillah A Nordin said...

How are you Nana? Not pushing too hard right? Take care ok..

Asmadiana Alias said...

i'm good kak, very good..it just, eat less and keep fit je...thank you...

Mrs.A said...

Kak Dilla,

I love no 4 and about the food. Pandai anak2 ni bodek mak2, kan. I alwys know, kalau takde orang nak cakap masakan I sedap pun... there is always my kids. "Mum, your ayam goreng is the best in the world", padahal pakai tepung instant!

Amy

Adillah A Nordin said...

Haha :-D Amy, you are so right!
Same with all mothers including me. Since no one else nak compliment our cooking, anak-anak cakap sedap & best in the world pun kita percaya!!
Hey, kids don't lie :-)

ms hart said...

Flashback:

Depan TV, kat TV tu ada Normala Shamsudin - the writer of Wanita Melayu Tercantik - ok?

Q: Siapa lebih cantik? Mummy ke host kat TV tu?

Silence. Muka ala-ala under duress. Pandang TV, pandang muka mummy.

Eventually the answer:

MUMMY lagi cantik!!!!!

Tak kesah lah tipu sunat ke, wajib ke...ha ha ha siapa lagi yang dapat kita PAKSA, kalau bukan anak sendiri!!!!! ha ha ha Sabar je lah, ya?!!

Adillah A Nordin said...

hahaha :-D
Tati, remember. Kids don't lie! hehehe..
Of course Mummy lagi cantik dari Normala Samsudin!
(Kita percaya sendiri cukukp la kan?)

bubbles said...

hi my blossom,
knowing me... daaa...
to me your write up is too long for me to read, that's why i always ask u to summarize newspaper articles and tell me the main point.. thank you my sista!!so in this post, i just captured a few lines..

you're right abt our kids telling us that we are the best mama in the world (mm... well... I can't remember the line's number..

another thing is abt we can do magic when they fall down and get hurt with just one magical Bismillah and a magical Blow..
well.. it works for me, the pain immediately dissapear after the magical blow.. ;)

what else didcha write ah?
tell me can or not? lazy to read la.. (malas nak pengsan) - tak boleh ckp 'malas nak m**p*s', etika yg tak baik.. heheh..

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hiya Bubbles! Yes, you are a GREAT mother sweetie! We mothers just know how to make them feel better when they fall or get hurt. Tapi kengkadang tu naughty sangat-sangat GERAAAAMM!! heehee..

BTW, I will give you the summary later <3