Thursday, August 6, 2009

Working from Home


I've been working from home for 3 days since Tuesday. Files are piled up on the dining table, mostly completed but some still needing attention. Since Adlan spread the flu virus to Hakim & Anas, my schedule has been chaotic. I wanted to be home to monitor the kids, but at the same time I had 13 sets of Agreements which were due to client by yesterday. It's been a nightmare! 

Alhamdulillah Adlan and Hakim are a lot better today. Unfortunately Anas is still struggling to keep his body temperature down. He has also developed a nasty cough. This morning I brought him to Pantai again when his temperature peaked at 39.2 Celsius. He is now on Relenza, an anti-influenza prescription. His temperature has gone down to 38 after taking the paracetamol. But he still refuses to eat. It's painful for me to see my little boy just lying down in bed not wanting to do much when normally he would be running around driving everyone crazy. Really pray that he will get better soon.

It's been quite good working from home. Yesterday Adlan, Hakim & Adlina joined me at the dining table with their notebooks & did their own things ranging from playing their favourite games on the Internet to working on their workbooks & test papers on Score A. Surprisingly, I got a lot of work done. Managed to email to my client all the Agreements within the dateline. The kids were so good, they knew that I had work to finish, and they were just happy to have me home. No disturbance. I'm comforted by the fact that I'm with all my kids & checking on their condition every now and then. Real peace of mind. 

Thanks to modern technology & the Internet, you don't have to be in the office to get your work done & communicate with clients. It's times like these that I am so thankful to Allah for endowing me with the blessing of having my own Firm, where I am able to decide and prioritize on what is important in my life.

Thank you God, for all your blessings.. Please take care of the residents of Danau Kaseh..

6 comments:

Mrs.A said...

Hopefully the kids are well soon. My paed said people are panicking.. there will be deaths he said, in people yang semengnye dah sakit before (asthmatics etc..) but it will reach a plateau then it will turun. Minta dijauhkan dari keluarga kita. Amin

kaseh said...

Salam Kak,

I am in KL. Percaya tak semalam Naufal's fever up to 40 so i was at Pusat Rawatan Islam Kg Baru and tak dapat masuk ward coz penuh. Then went to Ampang Puteri, Pantai and last kat Gleneagles. All full house. Ya Allah, till about 2 am i am still on the road trying to find the hospital to admit him.

At the end kita orang balik rumah..with the ubat from Pusat Rawatan Islam suhu dia dah turun sikit. Risau sangat tau Kak.

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hello Amy, How is your confinement going? WIshing you speedy recovery. Bestnya dapat baby baru.. Ciumkan for me ok?

Adillah A Nordin said...

Dear Linda, Sebab itulah kaseh ibu tak ada bandingannya.. sampai pukul 2 pagi mencari ubat untuk anak yang sakit.. Pray that Naufal will get well soon. Take care ya..

Mrs.A said...

Kak Dilla,

Anak I bergantung from 10 pm to 6am semalam.. siang, act like normal, tidur 2 jam ,susu then tidur... still managing.. but the nights are hard!!! hope he will turn and follow the night/day pattern soon.

Adillah A Nordin said...

Amy! Sounds so much like my kids when they were babies! Nasib baik they were breast-fed. So, sambil baring/tidur, can feed them :) Are you breastfeeding? Take care ok dear..