Saturday, September 12, 2009

Turning 40


I have to admit that I've been rather malancholy these past few days. You see, I will be 40 in a week. Somehow the BIG 4-Zero seems to be such a daunting number and I feel so afraid of facing it! 

A friend said (obviously to comfort) that Ustaz Shamsuri in a lecture actually quoted a hadith which essentially said that a woman is most beautiful at the age of 40. I looked in the mirror and can safely confirm that this is not true in my case! Yelps!

Self reflecting, I try hard to focus on the positive. What are the lessons that I have learnt in the past 40 years? The real lessons that count. Not the ones that you learn in college to get a degree. Lessons in life, of life. There are just too many to list down, but perhaps for me, the most compelling (this may sound cliche) is the importance of Family. I believe that everything revolves around having a good and stable family relationship. It affects all other aspects in the life of a person: his self confidence & self worth; his attitude towards life; his relationship with God & the people around him; everything on the outside of a person is a reflection of how he is on the inside - and this is determined, mainly by the way he has been brought up and his relationship with his family.

I also learnt not to take things for granted and be thankful for what I have. The little things & the big things. The miracle of life and the gift of health by Allah. Having a close-knit family who loves me unconditionally. Being with my soulmate and having 4 beautiful children with him. Having a roof over our head and food on the table. Having special friends who are supportive and encouraging. Being in control of my career and having my own business where I can share Allah's rezeki with my staffs and their family. There are just too many to be thankful for. Ya Allah, You have been so generous to me beyond comprehension. Syukur Alhamdulillah.

Turning 40 is a blessing from Allah - it means that I have been chosen to continue walking on this earth with all the wisdom and lessons that I have learnt in the past, and to share these lessons with others. I have also been given more time to prepare myself for the next life as I know I am not ready.

Looking back, there is no reason for me to freak out when I found a grey hair on my head 2 weeks ago... (^_^)

14 comments:

cReampUff.. said...

Ofcourse 40 is pretty mama! That is exactly why u have a pretty ew dress!

(Check my blog.. It's been updated like u told me to do..)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hiya sweetie.. u are much more prettier :) Lovelots, mama <3

Ahmad Zaharim said...

Well, if there is a hadith on women being most beautiful at 40 then it MUST be true. But beautiful may not strictly refer to physical appearance. However, you are pretty at 40 and I am always older than you... Happy Birthday in advance dear!

Mrs.A said...

awwww.... he he

Kak Dilla, I have a few more years to go b4 i turn 40 and I definately have more then 2 white hairs... its those darn 'lovable' kindy teachimg I did! :-)

Age is just a number!

Adillah A Nordin said...

So glad that you think so darling..

Adillah A Nordin said...

Amy, I totally freaked out when I saw that single grey hair!! Sebab I was hoping to take after my mom.. Her grey hair only came out in her 50s.. Nampaknya mine dah keluar cepat! Sigh..

cReampUff.. said...

No mama.. Even if i am pretty it's because it came from YOUR pretty face..

Adillah A Nordin said...

You are sooo sweet Adlina.. <3

caramel said...

Dear Dilla;

You are beautiful both inside out.....a beautiful heart reflects on ur beautiful appearance...

Happy raya birthday inadvance my dearest friend....take care

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thank u so much Raha.. Raya nanti datang rumah tau.. Most probably Open House on Friday 2nd October in the evening..

Selamat Hari Raya & Take care <3

buttercup said...

Hello...?
Why freak out if find grey hair...? juz go to Meglio and colour it mah!!! ;-P

Adillah A Nordin said...

Da, maybe next time we go to Meglio, I may go down that path ;)

Lara07 said...

I've got a few greys myself...and I'm only a day older than you! Happy B'day..Syukur Alhamdullillah, to have found perfection in every way and May Allah continue blessing us with such berkat. All your words here are so very true. I'm a lucky one too, in life and love and blessed with 6 wonderkids. I thank God every single moment I look at their faces..

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hello Lara,
Happy Birthday & May God bless you and your family always. Thanks for visiting (^_^)