Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Victoria Sandwich Cake
Baked this last night and the residents of Danau Kaseh loved it. Very simple recipe and would like to share it with you here:-
250g butter (softened)
1 cup Caster Sugar
2 cups Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
Whipped Double Cream
1. Cream Butter & Sugar until light & fluffy.
2. Add Vanilla Essence and Eggs 1 at a time.
3. Add Flour until smooth.
4. Pour mixture into 2 identical baking pans. Best baked in 20cm Round shaped baking pans.
5. Bake at 180c for 25-30 minutes.
6. Cool cakes and then sandwich with jam, strawberries & cream.
7. Dust top of cake with Icing Sugar.
Note : The Strawberries and cream are optional. The cake is also delicious with just strawberry or raspberry jam. With strawberries & cream, the cake should be eaten on day of baking.
Good Luck with the recipe & I hope your family will enjoy the cake as much as mine did (^_^)