Tuesday, June 9, 2009

In Sickness

It's been a little quiet the past one week, mainly because I had the flu. Adlina got the flu bug about 10 days ago, passed it on to papa last week & then mama. Adlan & Hakim caught it 2 days ago & finally Anas this morning.. Of all the residents of Danau Kaseh, Mama got the worst of the flu - the whole works - fever, completely blocked nose, extremely sore throat & excruciating coughs! Finally feeling a bit better today after 2 days of antibiotics. 

Having said all that, I know I have a lot to thank for. This is nothing compared to the news that I just received about the passing of a senior in school who was just 2 years older than me. Kak Angah passed away yesterday after suffering from breast cancer for just 4 months. I just cannot imagine how her children would cope without their beloved mother.. It's so painful. I don't really remember Kak Angah who was our Blue House captain in 1984, and I feel so terrible that I can't really have a clear image of how she looked like. It has been more than 25 years after all.. Semoga rohnya ditempatkan dengan orang-orang yang beriman & I pray that Allah will protect her children and give them the strength to move on in life. Al-Fatihah.

In Malaysia, for every 5 women, 1 will suffer from cancer - breast & cervical cancer top the list. This means that I could be one of the 5 - the statistics is so staggering. Why is it so prevalent? Is it the food we are taking? Is it the stress? Is it the environment? Could it be our lifestyle? Takut rasanya nak fikirkan.. Doa Allah jauhkan penyakit ini dari kesemua ahli keluargaku dan kawan-kawanku. Amin.

7 comments:

ms hart said...

Dil, I kept on having arwah kak Angah's image in my mind after I received the sad news. I remember her being so manja, generous with her smile and friendly. She used to have very long hair, specky and she had that baby face. I can imagine her and her smile, which I am sure she still tried to display even in pain, on her hospital bed. It is sad...Al-Fatihah for arwah and may she be blessed with eternal peace amongst the ahlil-Jannah. Amin.

Adillah A Nordin said...

Sedih la Tati.. She was only 42. Kita pun tak tahu what will happen to us in 2 years time kan? Takut nak fikirkan..

calot said...

Al-Fatihah to ur fren.. n get well soon to u n family.. myself pun dah down with d sickness(complete package as wat d hubby says-demam, flu, cough)n passed it to them..last2 tiga2 sakit..but mommy is a mommy..sakit2 pun still hv to manage them..being the macho one in the family..hopefully will be ok when d school reopens..Cheers.. Harnida

Adillah A Nordin said...

Get Well Soon Harnida!! You are so right.. mothers demam-demam pun kena take care of the family.. Fathers kalau demam, tak bergerak dari atas katil :) haha

cReampUff.. said...

Hey Mama..
Still hanging at home sick? I know how u feel.. :(

Hope u get well soon!!
<3 Adlina

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks Adlina :) I feel much better now after u came to kiss me <3 mama

cReampUff.. said...

Mama, made a new blog.. I think this blog is better than the old one.. check it at

http://creampufftown.blogspot.com/