Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Malacca State Champions

Happy Hakim + friends when the result was announced!

The truly 1Malaysia Winning team

Hakim and his St David High School Choral Speaking Team are Malacca State Champions!! The school has now won the coveted title for 5 years in a row! CONGRATULATIONS everyone!!

Special THANKS to the most passionate coach, Madam Anna Nonis, who poured her heart and soul into the team. Watching them perform last Thursday, I was filled with so much pride and joy. The students were in their element. Their performance was SUPERB! The team was really in a class of their own, way above the rest (Biased mom speaking, I know!!). I couldn't believe they only had 7 days to practice! The script entitled "Superstition", written by Anna, was hilarious and informative at the same time. I loved every minute of it, and I could see that the judges (and audience) were truly entertained!

This is the 3rd year I've seen the team from St David perform at the State level Choral Speaking competition. The past 2 years, Adlan was in the team. This year, he passed the baton to Hakim, to continue the tradition that he started. The school won first prize at the National Level competition last year and it was Adlan's brightest highlight of the year :)

To darling Hakim: Mama is so, so proud of you! You were great!
PS: Really hope that the Ministry will allocate the budget for the national level competition (^_^)

4 comments:

calot said...

omg, how time flies.. akmal dah besar!!!n looks more matured indeed..send my regards to him.. congrats to d 'biased' mama too..
Love, Harnida

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks Harnida! Your turn to be Proud Biased Mom will come soon :)

Arkhamal said...

Yay thanks Mama I finally did my first accomplishment he in St.David's . By the way your not really Biased because we were good.((I THINK)Oops that makes me sound Biased).

PS: I don't KNOW (know) WHAT THE (FREAKING) heck is Biased.

PSS: HI

PSSS:...(YES I AM FINISHED)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hiya Hakim.. Yep, ur 1st accomplishment for St David's.. Woohoo :D

PS: Biased = One-Sided or favouring one side