Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cleaning the Wardrobe


It's Sunday morning but woke up early at 5.30am as I couldn't get back to sleep after being startled by Anas's loud snore (yes, the big baby still "sleep-walks" to our bed in the middle of the night!). So, after Subuh I decided to clean up my wardrobe - something that I've been telling myself I had to do for the past 6 months!

Wow! What a revelation! I discovered that I had clothes in these various categories which have not been worn for years but kept in the wardrobe somehow:-

1. Clothes that haven't been worn for years but kept for sentimental reasons (eg: baju made from kain bought by my dearest more than 10 years ago in India - must keep of course.. sayang sebab that was the last time he bought me kain!);
2. Clothes that haven't been worn since the day they were bought (masa beli takde size, so bought a smaller size with the promise to shed some weight to get into the baju - of course THAT never happened!);
3. Clothes that are far too big but kept in anticipation of putting on some weight, just in case (this category of clothes biasanya beli lepas beranak sebab semua baju tak muat masa tu);
4. Clothes that were given to me as gifts from family & friends, but never worn because they are just not me (there are some from this lovely client of mine who lives in Cambodia & she always comes by to my office every time she's in town bearing gifts - but, man - most of the clothes are figure hugging, bright RED or dripped in sequins!);
5. Clothes that were bought in a sale because they were too cheap to resist but never worn as they are actually horrible (I hope I'm not the only woman who does this stupid thing!!);
6. Clothes that are really beautiful but hardly worn as they stain easily (especially kalau berpeluh); and
7. Clothes that haven't been worn as they were tucked amongst the other clothes & somehow overlooked!

I guess it's time to let go.. with a heavy heart I packed of some of the clothes to give away, relocated some of the sentimental ones to the spare wardrobe in the guest room & made another silent promise to myself to wear the rest that have been overlooked.

The wardrobe is now much neater. The hanged clothes are sorted according to colours. Hey! There is some room for new clothes :-) heehee... (women just can't resist new clothes!).

(^_^)

23 comments:

Mrs.A said...

Ehem.. Kak Dilla... RED is my favourite colour!

Baju beli size kecik tu macam sama je... ha ha ha

Adillah A Nordin said...

Aisey Mrs A, I love red too. Have some red baju but this one is a little bit too red la!! heehee :-)

aNoiHalim said...

"10 years ago? was the last time he bought me kain!"


Puan,
Big hint tue...heheheh

Asmadiana Alias said...

kak, banyak ke? pass to me juga ler...

Makbudak said...

Gosh Dil, I pun serupa like you..so many stiff kept for some reasons or another, especially the stupid "on-sale" reason...sigh!

Makbudak said...

I mean stuff not stiff

ms hart said...

Ek-ehem...ni nak justify la tu segala baju bling-bling baru from Dr Gul !!! ha ha ha You can't escape my friend!! I'm the first hand witness!! huhu!!

Adillah A Nordin said...

Unfortunately Hasanah, he doesn't take hints so well.. sigh...

Adillah A Nordin said...

You mana muat my baju, Nana. Macam gajah nak bagi baju kat kancil! haha :-)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Ha, at least I'm comforted by the fact that I'm not the only woman in the world who does silly things like that. We are so teruk kan?

Adillah A Nordin said...

Alamak Ms Hart! Caught red-handed...
Dr Gul macam panggil-panggil aje nama u la.. tak tersedak ke? Kalau ada rasa macam badan tak sedap, pergi klinik tu cepat2. Bawak sekali kengkawan yang mana demam-demam tu. haha :-)

buttercup said...

Gimme... gimme...Book the nice ones!

Adillah A Nordin said...

heehee :-) Sure, Buttercup. Can come & see. Maybe you want to have that baju from my Cambodian client (you know who!!). Lots of frills & sequines.. :-D

caramel said...

Dilla....half of yor category fits me perfectly especially yang beli with the hope akan muat suatu hari nanti....tapi that suatu hari tu sampai ke la ni pun tak mai mai lagi..........most of the women yang i kenal ada that sense of attachment to their clothes....the most serious case is my mom....lastnye almari tak muat sebab baju lama yang dia sayang dah conquer the space...baju baru kena duduk luar...he he he....tapi i ada one remote case of a male having a bad sense of attachment...i was told by my sister that my brother once took back what was given away to a jiran when he was about 6....he he he...

pasal Dr. Gul tu u are right...Kak Tati kena ikut kita esok.....all sakit sakit badan will be cured.....

tak sabar nak tunggu esok Dilla...

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hiya Raha, Maybe it's time for u to clear your wardrobe too.. boleh try balik baju2 lama yang tak muat dulu.. sekarang sure dah muat balik since u r soooooo kurus now!!
Since batuk u tak baik2, nanti I bawak pergi klinik besok ok? Gerenti cepat sembuh :-)

kaseh said...

Kak Dilla,

Ala tengok je betul2, sebenarnya u boleh je pakai, like that day u pakai skirt yg dah lama u beli dan simpan....cantik je so lovely.

OK, here some cadangan utk semua ye : "HOW ABOUT WE ORGANISE A CHARITY BAZAAR SALES?" Duit hasil kutipan tu kita boleh dermakan untuk mereka yg memerlukan....maybe rumah anak yatim yg baru & benar2 perlukan dana????

We always do this is KL tau...selalu responsnyer bagus sangat.

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hi Kaseh! What a GREAT idea! Jom buat nak? Kat mana nak buat? Barang2 I memang banyak...

caramel said...

Dilla....i agree on the sale thingy...name the palce and set the time nanti i akan kumpul kan my mom, my sis and my stuff too......

Asmadiana Alias said...

kak illa, if kak eda can i want some also la..please...lemme see tooooo..mana tau ada yang muat2 ke....please please please....

n mama, ajak me when u want to go there....

Asmadiana Alias said...

and i want to turut serta on that jualan amal....i may not have the barang to sell but i can sell those yours people...please.............

Adillah A Nordin said...

Nana, sure u can have a look at the stuffs I've taken out of my wardrobe. No prob. Nanti tengok ok?

Raha, Yes we must do the Jualan Amal la kan. It will be fun! Nanti boleh bincang further..

ms hart said...

Puan Besau, bincang, jangan tak bincang! I love all this idea. Just count me in, ok?

Adillah A Nordin said...

Ms Hart, of course u MUST be in. You are Pengerusi AJK ok. Dontch pray-pray ah!!