Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Headache


Been having severe headaches recently. Never had this kind before. The ones that you get with the occasional flu and sinus are of course quite normal. But these ones come with unbearable throbbing which is excruciating.

Had another one 2 days ago. It just started without any warning during a meeting at a client's office & the throbbing progressively worsened. It got to a point where I had to request for some panadols from my client. Unfortunately, the panadols didn't actually stop the pain. Strange.

The headache persisted. So, I went to see a physician yesterday. He said that I may be developing a migraine which is stress related. What? I don't feel stressed. Really. Yes, work has been piling - but nothing out of the ordinary. Yes, most of the work comes with unbelievably urgent deadlines, but I believe I can cope. I don't know. Maybe I just don't think it is stressful but my mind and body are actually crying out for a timeout. Probably true I guess.. Sigh..

Came back yesterday & felt a sense of relief when Adlina and Anas stayed with me in bed. I held them really close as they slept with me. The whole troupe camped in Mama's room last night as Papa was away in Kedah to settle a small project. Adlan & Hakim were sleeping on the mattress on the floor, but not before Adlan reminding everyone to be quiet and peaceful for Mama :-) 

In a world full of uncertainties and chaos, with so many people around you demanding for your time and energy, it is so calming to be with your kids.  I am comforted by their unconditional love and warmth. They are my source of strength. Ya Allah, thank you for giving us such wonderful kids. I felt so much better last night. 

This morning, the headache was gone. Just hope that it won't come back.

8 comments:

Makbudak said...

You take care, and I agree with you, being with the kids (especially little ones) are a real stress buster. Hmm.. maybe you should consider another one? ;-)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hiya Ha! Stress buster.. hmm.. I like the term!
But another one? No way! That would add to the stress :-)

Mrs.A said...

Since it is end of the year, probably good to give yourself a wind down period. As you said, we do not not notice that our body and mind are not coping. Take care!

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks Amy. Wishing u & family a Happy & Successful New Year 2009 :-)

ms hart said...

Dil...yeah, it's quite unbelievable for stress to be the cause of that horrible headache...you were having loads of fun shopping at Guls every other day and parading new li-lap-lip-lap clothes whaaat??? I should be the one stressed out of envy!!! hoahaha

Ok, ok, seriously, you actually need a break, my dear. Age is catching up and it's just not the same as those days, you know! Yikes, kan? hehe

Adillah A Nordin said...

You are so right la Tati. We are not getting any younger & the body just cannot take it any more!
Nampaknya terpaksalah pergi klinik Dr Gul to de-stress.. heehee..

caramel said...

Dilla.....have a good rest k...really hope that we are not stressing you too much....nanti i sound Mat Sentul k.....i pray one day to have adorable and sweet kids like yours...insyaallah....

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks so much Caramel..
No, u are not stressing me. It's the other clients yang expect miracles done in record time!
Yes, I'm sure u will get wonderful kids..