Wednesday, December 31, 2008

15 years


Tomorrow marks a very important milestone in my life calendar. It's the 15th  year of my being married to AZ. This special posting is dedicated to him, my one and only.

AZ & I are so different from each other. Where I talk incessantly most of time, he speaks only when there is something important say. He is a very private person who prefers his own quiet space. In contrast, I am a people's person. Coming from a large family comprising of girls mainly (& growing up with Mak who loves to organize gatherings, kenduris & parties), I am comfortable being in a crowd. 

AZ is a thinker & most of his ideas and thoughts goes way beyond my wildest imaginations. I sometimes struggle to understand some of the concepts or ideas that he has in mind (although I try hard not to have that blank look when he explains the ideas to me). I'm a planner. I like to plan things & execute them immediately. Sometimes I tend to be too result oriented that I become impatient when I don't see immediate results. AZ, on the other hand, is one of the most patient person I know. There are many things that he does, knowing that we won't see the results now, but necessary to ensure a better result much later - A case in point is the flowering plant for our pergola at home. When we bought the plant, I was shocked when he cut most of the branches & flowers (there were many!!) except for the main branches (only 2 left!) which he carefully positioned to climb over our pergola. He said this will ensure that the main branches would grow thicker & stronger. 4 years later - look at our pergola now (see picture at the top of this homepage) - the orange flowers are so lovely & flowering almost all the time.

I am a neat freak. I like all my things in place. I know exactly which files are on my desk & which one is at the bottom or top of the pile. At home, I prefer my clothes to be hanged according to colours; baju kurungs, blouses & suits must be placed in their own separate compartments. T-shirts should be folded correctly so that they are all the same size when stacked in the shelves of the wardrobe. AZ's working area looks like a disaster area. The top of his desk looks like it's been hit by a hurricane. At home, he will yank the carefully arranged t-shirts from the middle of the pile, leaving half of the t-shirts toppled. Don't get me started on the dirty clothes left on the floor 2 inches away from the laundry basket, & not IN the laundry basket (I've been informed by most of my sisters & aunties that this comes standard with almost all men!). 

I am so bad at anything called sports. Pendek kata: Kaki bangku in everything. AZ on the other hand is good at almost all sports: actively played soccer, rugby & cricket in his younger days & badminton & golf up to now. Where does he get all the stamina? I get so tired just thinking about badminton! He is planning to climb Mount Kinabalu in one of our future trips (!!). I'm a creature of comfort - a holiday to me is having a nice cosy bed, lazing by the pool & strolling around slowly (preferably along shopping areas..).

But despite our differences, he completes me. AZ has taught me so many things in life, about life. He is kind and generous almost beyond comprehension. He is a great father. The most supportive & wonderful husband. My best friend. He understands me. Really.

My dearest, thank you so much for everything that you are to me. You are my strength, my heart, my soul. I feel I am nothing without you. Happy Anniversary & looking forward to a lifetime together..

20 comments:

Ahmad Zaharim said...

Dearest Ila,

Yes, 15 great years. Sometimes it feels like time has passed so quickly but sometimes it feels like we have been together for a lot longer. Not too sure if i can write similar posting in my blog!

Zaharim

Makbudak said...

Ooh.. what a romantic dedication.. Happy Anniversary & Happy New Year. Still can remember your wedding day you know! Feels like it was just yesterday :-)

Adillah A Nordin said...

<3 always, Ila

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks Ha. Yes, feels like the wedding was just like yesterday.. except for an extra 5kg and 3 inches around the waist :-)

Mrs.A said...

5kg? That's nothing la Kak Dilla...

Happy 15th Anniversary to you and the hubs. May both of you be given the patience and understanding sehingga ke akhir hayat bersama.

caramel said...

Dilla....Happy Anniversary to both of you...the entry is so sweet and romantic.........sigh....reading them made me feel that there is still HOPE.........

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks Amy..

Adillah A Nordin said...

Raha, I know your Mr Right is also so different from you.. That makes it all the more interesting :-) (Memang kadang2 geraaamm!! Tapi kadang2 surprised with some of the things he says or do..)

ms hart said...

Dilla...!!!!! I can never write as romantic as this!!! Sweetnya lah haaaaiii...

Here's wishing you a very happy 15th anniversary, and may Allah bless both you and Zaharim with eternal love, great health and success always!

p/s Never mind the "Uh? Ok.." when you asked him what he thought of your new dress, ok?!! hahaha 'OK' to most men, means 'BEAUTIFUL'...ada fahaaaamm???:)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks Tati.. Dah 15 tahun, tapi masih hanya boleh cakap "Uh.. OK." when we are fishing for compliment with a BIG fishing rod!
Your Mr Sor lain la.. he is ze romanticz onez..
Rasanya nak hantor AZ pegi kursus ngan Mr Sor lah!

kaseh said...

Kak Dilla & D. Zaharim,

Happy 15th Anniversary untuk both of u...Semoga perhubungan kasih yang suci dirahmati Allah SWT sentiasa...

Kak Dilla,
Yang tak sama itulah yg menarik bukan??? Barulah best.Mungkin D. Zaharim tak cakap cantik ke nice ke whenever u pancing pujian2 tapi tentulah dihatinyer berkata begitu...betul tak D.Zaharim?
Man mostly lurus...macam kita wanita memang suka bunga...tapi mungkin bagi lelaki bunga tak penting ..sometimes they would give something yg lebih berguna untuk kehidupan kita kan kerana lelaki biasanya lebih practicle...tapi ape2 pun sebagai wanita hati kita memang akan cair bila dapat bunga di hari2 istimewakan!!!

Tiba2 i rase kak dilla ni sungguh romantik ye!!! dari tulisan u 4 this posting!

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks Linda..
Kalau hint-hint nak bunga ni, setakat berkias memang takkan dapatlah... Kena straight to the point cakap! Itu pun belum tentu dapat walaupun bunga petik kat taman tepi rumah :-)

aNoiHalim said...

Puan,

Happy 15th Anniversary!!

Semoga kekal bersama selamanya.... :)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks Hasanah :-)

buttercup said...

WOW!! You are indeed a writer. It was such a lovely piece and i would never ever be able to write something so sweet.
Happy anniversarry, darling.

Asmadiana Alias said...

okay...(how am i supposed to do this haa....)

kak, i read this entry like tak tau dah yang keberapa kali..sangat suka membaca entry ini..tapi dilema untuk comment sebab terasa diri ni sangat budak2(kot...huhu..)..

but anyway, HAPPY 15th ANNIVERSARY to u both...
(okay tak? ok la kot ekk? nk bioprennnnn!! uuuwwwaaaaa......sob..sob..uhuk2..)

LOVE U, LOVE U....(>.<)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks Buttercup..
No lah! You are also a good writer - a VERY funny one normally - remember those sms? haha :-)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Tima kaceh Cikyu..
Nanti kita tolong carikan boypren ok? heehee..

Adelina said...

Hey Mama,
Maybe if u make that posting shorter i would have read it faster :D
But still Cool Posting!

Love you Mama ~ Adlina

Adillah A Nordin said...

Love u more, Adlina <3