Saturday, February 28, 2009

Adlan in KL


Adlan is in KL for 3 days with his friends from school for the Petrosains Actology trip. I wrote last year about his school winning 3rd place at the national level competition organized by Petrosains. Finally, they are going for the much awaited trip! He left early yesterday morning & I'm already missing my boy so much! 

On the contrary, Adlan is having so much fun that when I called him (5 times throughout the day yesterday), all he said was: "Mama, can you call later? I'm in the middle of something right now." Then: "Mama, I'm busy, can you call later?" Then: "Mama, it's too loud here, can we talk later?" Finally, I called him at 10pm and he said: "It was so much fun but I'm so tired right now. I will tell you all about it later ok?".  

OMG! Adlan is all grown up & not needing his mama so much! I'm all teary and missing him here & he's having so much fun without his family... sob! sob! He didn't even call me this morning.. I told myself not to call him & see if he will. He hasn't and it's already 1pm! Looks like I will have to break my resolve soon & call him if he doesn't call me by 5pm..

I know I'm so pathetic.. Mothers are just so sentimental that way, & I'm a little bit too emotional when it comes to my kids. It's terrible! I know..

It's just so difficult to let go.. but I guess eventually, I will just have to. Looks like it'll be sooner than I'm prepared for..

13 comments:

Makbudak said...

Exactly the same sentiment I have everytime I post them balik kampung! Sememey...

Adillah A Nordin said...

Ha, I called him at 1.30pm! he was having lunch at the revolving restaurant in Menara KL..
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only mother who is just so sememeh! :D

Mrs.A said...

Kak Dilla,

Dia dah besar la ak Dilla but I know they will always be our baby... Kalau kena macam I baru u rasa, my Hilman went to Belum forest reserve last year for 3 days, no phone service.. kita ni risau bagai nak rak, dia.. swam in a 400-feet lake, jumped from the top of the waterfall, nasib baik bila dia balik semua dah terjadi, kalau tak mahu maknya sakit jantung!

Adillah A Nordin said...

Alamak Amy! I dengar cerita u pun dah sakit jantung!
Rasanya kat KL takde kot aktiviti2 lasak macam tu kot. Still, I geram betul dia tak call2! Ini lebih teruk daripada tunggu call dari boyfren masa bercinta dulu! Haha :D

kaseh said...

Ala Kak Illa,
Sedihnnyer baca rintihan seorang ibu....sabor ye, ni baru sekejap je tau.

Adillah A Nordin said...

Linda,
Awak belum merasa lagi.. tunggu la Nabil & Naufal besar besok.. :)

shaddapustink said...

hehehe ...
the transition's always hard for mothers.

shaddapustink said...

continue... but in my case.... its the father ;)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Danial,
I can't imagine your dad being sentimental about you going away from home :)

.nasyer. said...

With Dan, it's PakLong kan? With me, it's me. XD

See the thing is, y'know how umi's always busy with her tuition classes and god-knows-what meetings kan? So everytime I call her, it'll be like, "Tengah tuition sekarang, I'll call you back later." and "Umi ade meeting nih. Later ek?" but then I waited and WAITED but she never call me back. So I have to call her again and again to make sure I catch her on her free time, which is definitely rare. Even on weekends!

I think she has the whole month ahead full of plans, none of which I understand why is a housewife busier than working mothers. But hey, if that's what makes her happy, then I guess I'll be just fine. :]

Adillah A Nordin said...

Haha :D
Well, Your ummi is the busiest homemaker ever! But the good thing is that she is ALWAYS at home although she's busy!

shaddapustink said...

hehe ..
tgk mak punya gelagat sudah ..
nak tgk mak duduk satu tempat pun susah kalau kat umah..

kejap2 sini kejap2 sana...
kelip mata kat dapur..
kelip lagi kat bilik..
pergh..
champion

.nasyer. said...

Alang
Nu-uh. She is not ALWAYS at home, she tends to have this meeting la, this talk la whatever is it that she does with her friends. Kalau kat rumah pun,coz she has tuition. Seriously, I think she's even busier than normal working mothers!!!

Dan
Haah!!! Mak sgt power kn.. Tu belum kire mak bersiap lagi. Hahaha. And she can't never ever duduk diam! Ade je la benda yg mak nak buat tu. Ini lah itu lah. Tu belum masuk persatuan2 mak lagi. Chip plak kann...