Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Settling In


Moving office has its virtues. I get to throw away so much unnecessary stuffs that I've accumulated over the years (there were plenty!). Found many keepsakes which I have forgotten about over the years. Chanced upon lovely old pictures and cards tucked away in books and boxes. Love notes and drawings from my babies who are now in their teens. So many trips down memory lane..

The past one week have been a roller-coaster ride of emotions for me. Sad and Nostalgic to leave our old office where the Firm started 7 years ago - the first place Nordin Group started as a group of companies working under one roof. Anxiety - worrying about probable lost of files and important documents. Fatigue - my whole body aching from all the running around and carrying things (finally admitted that I'm really getting old). Pride and Excitement in moving into a new bigger office. Happy that everything is finally coming into place.

Moving means that we get to organize our files and systems better. We get to design our office space better. We are more coordinated. There is a new motivation for the staffs. It just feels good all around! It's really rejuvenating. I feel a new drive to perform my very best. Seriously.

But the most special part about moving for me is that I finally get to be in the same office building as AZ. I have been waiting for this day since Danau started 2 years ago. Now my life feels more complete... (^_^)

2 comments:

Mrs.A said...

AWWWW.... (to the life being complete thingy). Hope you have recovered by now!

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hiya Amy,
We girls are so soppy right? Aiyoh! Can't help it la..
Feeling much better now, but a massage would still be good.. :)