Monday, January 5, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Everyone in their uniform!

Nice & cheerful :-)

It's the first day of School 2009 & Anas is in Standard 1!! I just can't believe my little baby is all grown up & going to REAL school! So, like all other parents of Standard 1 students in the country, AZ & I too took time off from work this morning to experience the 1st day of primary school (this is our 4th time - so we are rather pros at this..).

As expected, traffic was a nightmare. All parents in Malacca must have been on the road this morning to send their little ones to school! Thank goodness Adlan is in Form 2 & just needed waving off :-) so we sent Bang Long first. We then headed for SK Ayer Keroh - the back gate of course, as we knew that going through the main gate would only raise our blood pressure.

We went straight to the school assembly where hundreds of pupils had already gathered. After 4 patriotic songs (when we were in school, we only sang Negaraku & Melaka Maju Jaya!) & 45 minutes of lecturing by a few teachers (Come on! It's only the 1st day of school!), the kids walked in lines to their respective classrooms. 

Anas looked nervous but he was ok - until I told him that I had to go & would come back later to fetch him. The tears then flowed and flowed quietly... He wasn't wailing, but just crying quietly. Parents were not allowed to go into the classroom, but I walked in anyway to give him a big hug. I guess I was just as reluctant as he was to let go.. 

Happy New School Year to all parents (^_^)

5 comments:

shaddapustink said...

hakim da chubby!

Adillah A Nordin said...

Yep, he is oh-so-chubby! Danial, I still can't get over your URL...

.nasyer. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
.nasyer. said...

Anas is in standard 1 already?
OMG, seriously?
Wait, like SERIOUSLY???
I can hardly believe it!
He looks so.... young!
I thought he's only 4?
When did he become 7????
Send my love to him. And say, no more crying just to skip school okay?

P/S:If Anas is in standard 1, then so is Yaya right? OMG, I can't believe all my lil cousins are growing up! Stay little, people!

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hiya Ngah!
Yep, everyone growing too quickly! Yaya & Anas look adorable in their school uniforms :) Fat babies in school - haha!