Monday, January 12, 2009

The Growth Chart


Our Growth Chart

There is a very important wall in Danau Kaseh. It's a narrow wall behind the bedroom doors between Adlina's & Anas's rooms. This wall records the heights of all our kids from 2005 onwards. Every year usually in January, we mark everyone's heights & see how much each one of them has grown for the past year.

As you can see, they have all grown tremendously! 

Hakim & Adlina grew so much in 2008!

Adlan grew the MOST. 
He is now taller than both Papa & Mama..

Anas has grown a lot too :-)

I love this wall. It's very sentimental to me. Every time each of them stand by the wall to record their heights, I feel a lump in my throat. They grow so, so fast. When Adlan's height was marked this time, he didn't see the tear I had in my eye. He has grown so much, he is now taller than both of us. I thought to myself, this is the boy who was 2.5kg when he was born & his feet easily fitted into the palms of my hands then. Now, he's 13 & wears size 10 shoes. Before we know it, the time will come to let them go, spread their wings & fly... sigh...

Getting old & emotional la.. (^_^)

10 comments:

shaddapustink said...

wo...
adlan's so tall.

caramel said...

Dilla.....don't have kids of my own but i do know this....love them, teach them good values, instill in them faith in ALLAH...with these 3 basic foundations betapa jauh they go pun they will never be far from u...i admire the way u and hubby brought up ur kids....the closeness u guys share as a family.....

P/S Adlan memang so tall...

Adillah A Nordin said...

He is so tall la Danial. Is Adlan taller than u yet?

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks so much, Raha.. We just try our best & pray that the kids will always be close to us even when they have their own families..

Mrs.A said...

No matter what we say sekarang ni, eventually we still want to have the kids around til whenever kan? Don't think I will put my height on the chart.. I am only 148cm! Though I mengaku I am 150cm at least.. ha ha. Should have seen the look on my son's face when he found out.. "I am going to beat u soon enough mummy!" (he is 145cm)..:P

-Saya yang memang seorang yang emotional-

Adillah A Nordin said...

You know Amy, the older you get, the more emotional you become.. Tengoklah besok.. haha :)

mAn from neDerLAN said...

Thanx Yall As im getting tall im also losing a bit of weight

Adillah A Nordin said...

Haha Adlan :-D

bubbles said...

i can still remember the Cute Baby Adlan back then...
his eyes were so big & his cheeks are so fluffy.. Got just a lil bit of hair..

and now.. he's like KLCC oledi..

Adillah A Nordin said...

Win, your kids will be like that before you know it! Pejam-celik-pejam-celik, tengok2 they are taller than you!!