Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Saying Goodbye..


It's always difficult to say goodbye especially to something that has been so much a part of your life, something that you have come to love so much.. but as the saying goes: with every Hello, there is a Goodbye.. Nothing lasts forever except for the AlMighty..

I've been rather down the past few days as I have to let my car go. It has served me well for the past 4 years but lately, it's been giving us quite a few problems. Pendek kata: asyik keluar-masuk workshop memanjang.. During it's long absence (masuk "klinik" sampai 9 hari last week!), I realized how difficult it is not having a car. Moving around was a pain & I had so many of my meetings cancelled!

I've had to borrow my sister's car to go to office & to attend several meetings (thanks so much Buttercup.. so sorry to inconvenient you..); borrowed my staff's car for one urgent meeting (thanks Eyta!); had my client fetch me to the meeting venue (they insisted that I had to be there even if it meant fetching me!); had my client's driver drive me a couple of times too (seriously!); and the other times, I had to stay home & do work. We are so dependent on our cars to move around, especially in Malacca where public transport is almost non-existent.  

I was so mad with my car for all the inconvenience it had caused me the past month. But when my sales agent told me that he found a buyer for the car who wants it for the Chinese New Year, I felt so sad & teary.. I wasn't ready to let it go just yet..

I have so many precious memories of the car. It's my first BMW & I bought it after working so hard building my Firm. I spent a lot of time thinking in the car & many ideas were thought up in the car. Many conversations with AZ were carried out in the car & many decisions were made in the car. I love my car... and tomorrow, I will have to say goodbye..

Sob* Sob (@_@)

21 comments:

Milkberry said...

Takpe Kak Ila! You'll love your next car even more :D

caramel said...

Dilla....don't be said k....just look forward to the next car...for more wonderful memories to be created and more meaningful and romantic conversation to take place in it......he he he

Adillah A Nordin said...

Tu la Shikin... I'm trying to focus on that now... :-)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hi Raha, I am looking forward to the new car, but I'm so sad to see this one go... (^_^)

Makbudak said...

I guess semua model baru memang cepat rosak, be it cars, washing machines, tvs etc.. I have problems with my 12 year old beemer only recently... but like major la..

Asmadiana Alias said...

there goes MBE212................

*sob sob

kita beli kereta lain ok?

to MBE212: may u have a wonderful care with your new owner....please dont forget my sista yang 1 ini ok? if u dont like the new owner, then u boleh come back bila2 je...feel free to visit us ok? raya jangan lupa datang rumah....(>,<)

akak takpe2, nanti kita g beli kereta baru....(dah cakap kan kat atas tu tadi? huhu...)

love u, love u...

Adillah A Nordin said...

You are right la Ha. They don't make things the way they used to. I ingat lagi the old Nokia phone I had dulu, jatuh berklai-kali, siap masuk washing machine - still boleh pakai!! The new PDAs sekarang ni, terhantuk sikit pun dah condem :-)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Cikyu, I'm keeping my number : MBE212. Sayang nak bagi kat orang.. So, my new car will be the same number :-)

bubbles said...

enough of all the sadness already!! you're gonna get E90 what.... if i were u, i'll be jumping with joy.

btw, hallooo? u thank to yourself maa... read your post again..

Adillah A Nordin said...

Haha :-D
Bubbles, u r right!! I changed it oredi to Buttercup! Punya lah sedih tadi, tak perasan tulis nama sendiri!!
I am so blur sotong today... but u & zizi made my day today!! Luv ya, muahhss..

aNoiHalim said...

Puan,
Kalo I tau, sure i dah snap2 dah gambar ur car beside mine kat parking smalam. hehehe

Adillah A Nordin said...

Takpe Hasanah, nanti boleh snap gambar keta baru ok ;-)

buttercup said...

Alah...sad today :( , grinning tomorrow :D! Don't 4get, let me be one of the 1st to ride in your new car ha?

Same number: MBE212, today old & cranky, tomorrow...viola! What a make over!!

It will go so well with the new striking crocs that u juz bought..!
Haha....can't help laughing alone when i recall your expression back then (...OMG! Hv i juz bought this color?! Hahah....)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Haha :-D Of course u will be one of the first to ride the car!
OMG!! Did I juz buy THAT colour... urgh.. will I ever wear it??? Yikes!! Should we stop at Crocs to make an exchange??

Asmadiana Alias said...

oh? hehe...number tu pun cantik..tapi tuan number tuh lagi super duper cantek....orait sista?

nanti dah dapat yang baru jangan lupa bawa daku pusing2, okie dokie?

love u, love u...(>.<)

Mrs.A said...

I love the iDrive on the new model Kak Dilla. ...

shaddapustink said...

aaaaahhh ...
new car... new discussions ... new thoughts ....new new new!

Adillah A Nordin said...

I haven't tried it personally yet, Amy. But I'm so bad at all the new gadgets! Nanti bila dapat kereta I will tell u how useful it is ok :-)

Adillah A Nordin said...

It was your mom who gave me the final push to get the car, Danial!! She's a GREAT cheerleader :-)

kaseh said...

Yeah...New Year...New Car....wah bestnyer...tak pe yang lama tak pernah dilupakan yang baru kita raikan...hah nanti jgn lupa ambik saye ngan your new baby and we go to Dr Gul ke..lunch ke...I am happy 4 u!!

shaddapustink said...

hehehe ...
enjoy ur new toy!