Sunday, January 18, 2009

Online Shopping


Have you shopped online before? AZ has been making purchases online - mainly buying books and documentary videos from Amazon.com - for the past 5 years. Apart from purchasing Airasia tickets, I never tried online shopping myself. In fact, I never even considered it, until last week when Anoi introduced me to some websites selling handbags - Wow! What an eye-opener!!

From what I have seen so far, most things sold online are so much cheaper than in department stores. In more established sites, payment methods are very safe. I tried to purchase a Coach handbag (at an extremely discounted price) on a website using AZ's creditcard (he suggested it!). The website didn't approve the purchase as the creditcard billing address is not the same as the delivery address (!). Well, that's interesting, I thought. Online shopping must have evolved so much in the past few years that they have tightened up the payment methods to reduce fraud & creditcard thefts. I felt comforted by this (boleh la shopping online - heehee..).

Kak Long advised me to try out the Global eShop Comgateway.com which facilitates Amex card holders in Malaysia to shop globally. I tried it out last Friday evening & OMG - I couldn't believe it - I was shopping in Macy's from my bed in Malacca!! Just as a try-out, I bought an Aigner handbag which was only USD20.99 (unbelievable!) + USD5.95 delivery charge from Macy's. Imagine that - an Aigner handbag for less than RM80. Let's just see if it's really trash or real when I receive the package in 2 weeks :-)

The world is so much smaller with technology..

12 comments:

Milkberry said...

Hehehe yeay for online shopping! Alaa tapi Comgateway is for Amex only. Haha baru bercita-cita nak shopping kat Target hehe :D

Asmadiana Alias said...

meaning? kak, explain briefly please......

Asmadiana Alias said...

haa, dah tau dah...hehe...(>.<)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hiya Shikin,
I'm sooo jakun with online shopping, I'm sure you're laughing at me! You must be an expert since you also SELL online!! Well Done :-)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Cikyu, ask Kak Eda to show you Comgateway!! Muraaahh... (so tempting!) hehehe :-)

caramel said...

Dilla...Aigner for approximately RM80? really gotta try it.....got Fendi tak?

Adillah A Nordin said...

Raha, Ada Fendi & sooooo murah!! They mark up the price gila2 when the bags sampai kat KL la..

Asmadiana Alias said...

akak, i'm not amex holder...ahaha...so jadi, impian tinggal impian...huhu

Adillah A Nordin said...

Ala Cikyu, kalau ada berkenan apa-apa boleh pakai akaun akak :)

Anonymous said...

Another option is http://www.bongoUs.com
They offer a personal shopper service if you don't have an AmEx, Visa or Mastercard.

Once you set up a US Address, you can shop any US website and deliver worldwide. Awesome service overall.

- Mama June - said...

huhuhu....bleh shopping kat macy's.....giler murasss......

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hello Acun,
Best juga tengok barang kat Macy's.. tapi takut pulak tak kuat semangat... nanti semuanya naaaakkk :-)

Thanks for visiting!