Thursday, September 11, 2008

De-Stressing

Everyone has a way of de-stressing when things get really, really stressful. Some sort of activity that you find to be "therapeutic" to calm down your mind and unwind. It could be listening to your favourite music, or watching your favourite show on TV, or walking on the beach, or talking to a good friend, or reading, or sleeping, or jogging, or playing tennis, or shopping, or baking.... the list is endless.

For me, it's either shopping or baking. I find both to be really therapeutic & would re-charge me for the next day. So, remember my stressful Monday? After having completed 2 of my assignments which almost gave me a brain-freeze, I decided to give myself a day off on Tuesday to go to Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman KL, just to stroll around the famous bazaars near Semua House and to check out the latest stuffs at SSF. It was wonderful & oh so de-stressing!

Pretty cushion covers & table runners

For those of you who have not been to the bazaars behind Jalan TAR, this is a place that you MUST find time to browse around, just to experience the atmosphere. But try not to go on weekends as the traffic will be a nightmare & the whole area will be swarmed by thousands of people. Parking may be a problem & I would recommend parking at Semua House if you ever make the trip there.
 You will find so many wonderful things to look at, from beautiful soft furnishing for your home to clothes, both traditional & modern to exotic food. Macam-macam ada. Everything is priced reasonably & you can even bargain for a better price!
I was happy to see so many friendly vendors & stall owners who were helpful & wouldn't bark at you if you decide not to buy their product :-) Walking along the hundreds of stalls, I kept telling myself that there is no need for us to go to Jakarta or China or Vietnam to shop for good bargains when we can actually find it right here on our doorstep. What a fabulous place!

Colourful Baskets & Wall displays

Going to Jalan TAR would not be complete without dropping in at SSF. I haven't been there for more than 2 years & Wow, they have totally changed the whole ambience! 
They must have employed a qualified in-house designer as everything is arranged so tastefully according to different themes. Not the "carca-marba" of years before. Even the product range on display has expanded tremendously. Glassware from Turkey and China, crockery from India, furniture & gift items from Indonesia, all types of gift boxes & tins and of course, artificial flowers of every kind. This is also a one-stop centre for wedding paraphernalia. You will be spoilt for choice! All 5 floors of SSF have different themes & arrangement. 
I love the typical English country furniture, boxes, frames & crockery which were on offer, displayed in a section of the 3rd floor. All white. Very pretty.
Also adored an antique looking tea-set from India in beautiful pastel colours. I nearly bought the set but it was so heavy that I decided not to buy it as carrying it while fasting along the bazaar would be too painful & would totally defeat my whole purpose of de-stressing! Well, it would also give me a reason to come back to SSF some day :-)

Well, that's my story of a most therapeutic adventure. It worked like magic! Seriously. The next day, I finished a High Court Written Submission that has been on my table for the past 3 weeks in half a day! And who says Shopping doesn't help? 

(^_^)

9 comments:

caramel said...

dilla...sampai hati datang and tak inform pun........sob sob sob

Adillah A Nordin said...

My dear Raha, Jangan lah sedih.. I tak nak kacau you masa office hours. I was there from 10am to 1.45pm. While waiting for my Kaseh to have his meeting at Pusat Sains. Lepas tu terus balik..

Lagipun kalau kita jumpa tapi tak boleh makan tak syok la :-)

ms hart said...

Ello....are you sure the posting of the pics of that typical English country whitish thingy on ze third floorrrr doesn't contain any MALA FIDE intentiooooon????? To goda-goda people like me who's not only fasting in Ramadhan but also 'fasting' shopping sepanjang tahuuuuuun????

caramel said...

dilla......saja je nak usik u.....our meeting in KL would only be complete with sesi makan molton choc......

cantik kan ssf tu...especially entrance dia...i really like......nak buat wedding yang macam tu lah...angan angan je.........garden wedding.......sssiiiggghhhh....

aNoiHalim said...

Shopping do help a lot!
hehe.
happy break fasting puan...

Adillah A Nordin said...

Heeheehee :-D Ms Hart,
Memang I saja masukkan gambau the white English furniture tu for your "benefit". I really thought about you when I saw the place. How some of the stuffs there would fit really nicely in your English home!

Jangan marah ya nanti kena jual!

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hasanah,
of course shopping helps!! :-D

Selamat berbuka..

Adillah A Nordin said...

Raha, memang cantik the rose canopy kat entrance SSF ala-ala garden wedding.

Memang sesuaaaiii untuk u & Mr Ringht!
Heehee..

caramel said...

mornin.....friday at last.....can't wait to go home to malacca.....have a list of places that i must go...thanks to you lah....bazar ramadhan di peringgit..menang glass again....pergi pasar untuk beli daging tetel...would be a good weekend...

i pray that Mr Right comes soon...its pretty lonely at times especially bila berbuka...depressing sanagt....you kan tahu yang i ni suka bercakap....walls only echo back .....i misss human company..