Friday, September 19, 2008

Early Birthday Surprise


I always love Fridays but today was extra special! 

It started out with a meeting early this morning with Raha (a friend first, a client second!) and when she came in, she brought with her Birthday Cupcakes which are really sweet & wonderful! I was lost for words. Thank you ever so much to Raha & Noraini for being so thoughtful.. Rasa sebak pulak. Cantik sangat the cupcakes rasa sayang nak makan... (But of course, bila sampai kat rumah, as soon as buka puasa, all the kids attacked the cupcakes!). Note to my cousin Shikin: thanks for introducing the cake-maker to us..

The bear at the top is wearing a lawyer's wig :-)

Actually my birthday is not until Sunday. & I'm trying to make it as low-key as possible because it's my last year of being 30-something (next year, the BIG 4-zero will kick in. Getting old la..). Anyway, after our meeting, just as I was walking out of the office to another meeting at 11.30am, I received another birthday surprise from another friend. It's a beautiful Denni bracelet. Thank you Puan Siti.. I really didn't expect this. Rasa nak pakai tadi but it's not officially my birthday yet.. :-)

Rushed back home after my meeting. I was one of the 8 lawyers in Melaka who were invited to Berbuka at Istana Melaka this evening hosted by Tun & Toh Puan. I've never been to Istana Melaka, so it was with mixed feelings when I accepted the invitation: excited to be going to the Istana for the first time, but sad that Zaharim couldn't be with me for the occasion. It went quite well. Food was so-so but I was seated with the other lawyers, so the catching up was good. The Istana is built on a hill in Bukit Beruang & from where I parked,  I could see the lights from Jusco, Melaka Mall & the houses around Ayer Keroh. Very pretty.  I left just before Isyak prayers as I couldn't wait to go home..

Then came another surprise & this one was the most special. Zaharim bought a tiny early birthday cake for Mama, the kids sang happy birthday & they all gave Mama birthday presents 2 days early! 

Colourful wrappers! <3

I got a camera from my Kaseh! It's perfect for my blog entries!! He must have carefully chosen this gift as I've been borrowing his camera every time I needed to take pictures for my postings! :-D Thank you so, so much darling & thanks Adlan, Hakim, Adlina & Anas for the birthday gifts & card - I love them. Love you all so much. Tonight was really special..
What a perfect way to start my weekend... (^_^)

12 comments:

ms hart said...

Hello final year student of the 30s faculty!! Tak aci betul those yg birthday lambat2 ,macam you ni, Dil! Anyway, I was waiting for Sunday laa...I want to surprise you with my good memory!!! hua hua hua...ye lah, every year you'd ask me, "You boleh ingat ya?" Somehow, apart from yours, I still remember some of our friends' bithdays, tau - yg 15th, 16th & 28th Jan, yg 11th April, yg 23rd oct...and a few more. I pun heran. Betul2 selective memory nih!

Ok lah, shall I wish you now? HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my friend and semoga Allah panjangkan umur, kekalkan jodoh & dimurahkan rezeki selalu! Hugs.

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks for remembering Tati!
You are one of the early birds enjoying the final 30-something year :-) Jadi ke tidak re-union kita for the big 4-zero ni?
Rasa tua la pulak Tati..

PS: Have you seen the blog of the cakemaker? They call themselves "Babycakes". So much talent!

caramel said...

dilla....me again...glad that you like the babycakes...cantik kan? nanti i bagi kak ani tengok your blog posting....dia mesti suka and terharu.....we were so excited......you have been the best of frens....ajak mesti jealous....next trip lepas raya ni kita mesti celebrate kat tempat biasa and the same gossip corum k....MUST....ijan kata Happy Birthday to you...she says that you look young....

with the camera i rasa mesti akan bertambahlah gambar-gambar yang menyeksakan jiwa raga dan sukma i.....gambar makanan.....by the way, just to let you know that.....my asam pedas sedaplah pulak kali ni...thanks to Ms Hart..semua puji....dah pass dah jadi makcik bolehlah dikahwinkan...he he he..

Adillah A Nordin said...

Dear Raha,
I memang terharu sangat2 u & Ani gave me the babycakes. Like a wish come true sebab when my cousin gave me the blog address, I really admire the cupcakes & fikir entah bila la boleh dapat cupcakes ni!! Thanks to u & Ani so much.
About the asam pedas, I jealous la u dah pandai buat. I sampai sekarang takut nak cuba masak asam pedas sebab I rasa sure tak jadi... Well, looks like u are officially qualified to be a wife :-) So, Mr Right kan dah sampai.. jangan tunggu lama2.. heehee..

caramel said...

mornin;

hope that last weekend was a memorable one...with the buka puasa at the istana and the celebration with your luv ones.....bila tengok gambar babycakes dalam blog you i pun rasa macam nostalgic....asam pedas dulu and next sambal petai....he he he.......

Milkberry said...

OMG Kak Ila! Yeay you got Babycakes!! That's awesome!! So sweet!! Happy belated birthday Kak Ila!!!

caramel said...

mornin dilla....[kak ani punya entries]...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY.Seronoknya dengar you happy bila dapat cupcakes tu. Really ralat coz tak dapat tengok your face when Raha gave it to you. Anyway, I doakan agar hidup you sekeluarga sentiasa diberkati dan dirahmati Allah. Alamak, banyaknya gift you bagi. Malulah. Thank you.

Selamat Hari Raya. Maaf Zahir & Batin. Mmmmuuaaaahhh!

Adillah A Nordin said...

Wow Raha, kalau you boleh masak sambal petai, memang dah sah you dah bersedia untuk jadi isteri mithali :-)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks to you Shikin! My friends read your comment on one of my posting & they looked up Babycakes. The cupcakes were lovely!

Adillah A Nordin said...

Dear Noraini,
Thanks so much for the Babycakes. I wish you were with Raha when I received it last Friday.. sweeeet sangat2. My kids berebut-rebut pilih :-)
Nanti lepas puasa kita makan-makan kat tempat biasa ok?
Take care,
Dilla

StEnZ! said...

puan..happy birthday gak tuk puan.ingt nk wat card tp xsempt la puan.but i`ll try tuk puan eh

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks Azim.
Tak payah susah-susah :-)