Thursday, September 18, 2008

Raya Hampers



It's 12 days to Hari Raya & this is normally the time when I get the help of a very talented friend to pack up hampers for my clients. However, Linda is in confinement this Ramadhan & I didn't want to impose on her while she is recuperating. I was quite desperate as I didn't know anyone else who could do it for me. So, I decided to pack the hampers myself! I know this sounds too ambitious, but I didn't have any choice. Kes terpaksa la ni..  

I made a checklist of the things I needed:-

1. Fruitcakes - ordered from my neighbour Noridah
2. Baskets - from SSF, KL (see earlier post on De-Stressing)
3. Ribbons - also from SSF 
4. Kain Organza - from Nagoya at Jalan Bunga Raya, Melaka
5. Flowers - from Kedai Bunga at Jalan Bunga Raya
6. Glue Gun - also from the same Kedai Bunga

So, this afternoon after office, I started packing the Raya hampers at home. Here are some of the hampers packed by yours truly. Linda, if you are reading this, please don't laugh ok? :-) 

The basket from SSF is really nice -
feel like keeping one for myself!


It was quite a struggle at first especially cutting the organza into the correct size! (Pakai gunting yang sangat tumpul that I took from Adlina's room!) But after a couple of hampers, I started to get the hang of it. It's really quite fulfilling after seeing the result. You gals should try it la. Quite therapeutic also..

Just hope that my clients won't realize that the hampers were packed by an amateur! 

(^_^)

17 comments:

Mrs.A said...

Kak Dilla,

To me, it's a privilege that they got something that you have made yourself! The hampers look absolutely fine (and not to mention nice!) to me.

AinRidz said...

Slm Cik Adillah,
Hi!! The hampers look so nice, presentable and pretty... always a different kind of nice hampers during the Hari Raya :)) Cik Adillah, believe it or not, the creativity will flows naturally when is needed! And yet proven what [sigh], your decoration and end-product is nice! Really! If you are our panel here, surely we'll get one also from the Firm, rite [jgn marah], cause we got alot here from our panel:) It's already 10 last Ramadhan, Selamat beramal!

Adillah A Nordin said...

Hi Amy,
Thanks for your kind words!
Selamat Menyambut Hari Lebaran in 11 days!

:-)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks Su.
Bab-bab buat creative gifts, cards & decorations ni memang patut tanya you since you are so good at it! BTW, nanti one day I put in my application for panelship ok ;-)

AinRidz said...

Alrite, will wait, till then, keep up the cute work :)
K. Fa lagi creative tu... kita ni anak murid dia ni...

farah said...

hmm...it seems like she can do it all!!! Congrats :)

ms hart said...

Waaaaahhhh....habislah business Jusco macam ni....kalau Puan besau pun dah buat hampers sendiri....!!! he he Tapi, cantiiiiik, Dilla....The whitish/silverish organza is the perfect choice!! Tapi kan, saja je lah nak tanya, sambil buat hampers tu, muncung you ada sampai Tg Kling tak??? ha ha ha

Adillah A Nordin said...

No la Farah. There are a LOT of things that I still need to learn..

How's life in MMU? We miss you here..
:-)

Adillah A Nordin said...

Tati,
Terkial-kial buat tapi muncung tu tak la sampai Tg Kling. Sampai kat Limbongan je :-D

caramel said...

dilla;

the hampers are safely in the car waiting to be transported back to KL....they are so cantik...my mom dah ajak gi M......g nak cari "macam yang dilla bagi".hujung minggu depan lah coz makcik kan tak bawa balik kereta minggu ini....now that i knew that you did it all on your own made the hampers extra special and more meaningful......you have been a good friend to all of us in mbsb...thanks again...raya di Raub kan tahun ini? i still remembered last year's eventful raya........

Adillah A Nordin said...

Raha, it was a pleasure wrapping the gifts for you all. If u see carefully from the pictures, your hampers are the most special. I buat 5 saja. Yang lain tu I just pack fruit cakes. You're all really special to me, seriously. (I mean our Chillies' team member!). Heehee :-)

caramel said...

hi....the chilies team +1....yang sorang tu........[ i memang jahat tapi i just cant help it...]me at the office with the hampers.......am glad that it is finally here...risau coz takut pecah.....nak tengok muka ajak bila dapat ...mesti tersipu sipu..........next year u must start a raya hamper biz..

Adillah A Nordin said...

Ms Caramel,
Tu lah I pun mula2 ingat nak buat 4 aje.. heehee...
Hope Ajak likes it.

farah said...

no really, 3 yrs+ at AAN and I think I have witnessed a lot of your accomplishment :)
Life in MMU? Sigh...now, i'm surrounded by agreements & more agreements...

Adillah A Nordin said...

You know how I feel now Farah. Sampai penat mata baca & draft Agreements!! If you need help, please don't hesitate to call ok?
Thanks so much for your kind words..

kaseh said...

Wow!!!

Kak Dilla, nampaknye tahun depan tak de ler Kak Dilla menempah dari kaseh lagi ye! Anyway Kak Dilla, cantik & preety...sesuatu yang dibuat dari hati dan jiwa yang ikhlas mestilah cantik...

Adillah A Nordin said...

Thanks Kaseh.
Tapi tak lah secantik sentuhan tangan Kaseh!
Hope you are feeling much better.
Take care ok.